Maths300 is focussed on finding the most interesting maths lessons from classrooms across Australia and beyond. The lessons are the stimulus to generate professional discussions about:
- open-ended inquiry
- investigative, problem-based approaches
- the role of context to give meaning and purpose
- genuine understanding
- thinking, reasoning and communication
- developing mathematical interconnections
- broadening teachers' pedagogical repertoire
- differentiation and equity
- enriching teachers' assessment repertoire
- the role of technology
- non-threatening learning environments
- a level of success for all
Maths300 lessons include notes, a range of investigation guides, worksheets, extension problems, software, helpful hints and reflective comments.
What makes Maths300 different?
- Lessons appeal to students of all learning styles and at all levels.
- Lessons encourage questioning, reasoning, justifying and communication skills.
- Shares your wisdom and experience with others to improve mathematics education.
- One third of lessons are supported by software specially written to extend learning opportunities.
Many teachers have reported significant changes in their classrooms: maths becoming more exciting, students more engaged, and broad participation.